SharePoint Tutorial for Beginners: 101
Applicable to: All versions of SharePoint including SPO 365 (office 365)
Complete SharePoint Tutorial here
What will you learn?
This the first tutorial of “SharePoint Beginners tutorials” series. In this tutorial you will learn the following,
- This beginners tutorial is going to help you understand what is SharePoint and how it is different from other applications such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
- This will also help you to understand different features of SharePoint and help you to start using it.
Let’s Start: SharePoint Tutorial For Beginners
What is SharePoint (for beginners)?
Microsoft SharePoint is a cloud-based service that helps organizations share and manage content, knowledge, and applications.
Watch this short video to know more about SharePoint.
What is the use of SharePoint?
SharePoint provides a rich collaboration environment where people inside and outside your organization can work together, coauthoring document.
How to Collaborate with SharePoint?
This application is designed to be highly collaborative. With the help of other Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel the collaboration capability increases. You and your co-workers will be sharing a common space for storing and sharing files and documents related to your work. This will help you to deliver results quickly and seamlessly throughout the process.
How is SharePoint different from Google Drive and Dropbox
The primary difference between SharePoint and Google Drive or Drop Box is that Share-Point exists within the Microsoft application ecosystem. It is one tool in a much larger toolbox that helps drive organizational collaboration and productivity.
On the other hand, Google Drive and Dropbox are just cloud-based document management platform that lets you store files in various formats and share with others.
How to open a site?
If you already have a SharePoint link then use the link and open it in a web browser. otherwise if you do not have any link then,
- login to https://www.office.com
- Then navigate to all apps > and choose SharePoint.
- Here you can see all of the sites in your organization. You can also search for a specific site or create a new site if you want.
To learn more, check this document.